We understand that everyone has different preferences when it comes to finding a country to live in. The requirements that most migrants set to their new home countries can be a higher quality of life or simply better weather than they have at home.
The five most popular countries for expats in 2017 by Expat Insider
5. Portugal. Expats that were living in Portugal in 2017 have stated that they feel at home in the country. Aspects of Portugal that they loved were the political stability, kind people, delicious food and nice weather.
4. Taiwan. The Asian country scores high on quality of life and health and well-being. Expats said that they experienced Taiwan as safe and filled with friendly inhabitants
3. Mexico. Not only is Mexico found in this list for 2017, it has been in the top five for a longer period of time. Aspects of the country that the respondents of the survey reported as important were the friendly people, a great climate and amazing food.
2. Costa Rica. This country is appreciated for its high quality of life, the warm weather and the slow pace of life.
1. Bahrain. The Arabic country has jumped from the 19th place last year to the first place this year. Strong aspects of Bahrain are a great job satisfaction, friendly locals and the fact that expats said that it is an easy place to settle in.
What do you think about this list? Are there countries missing? Let us know in the comment section below!